COTTINGLEY WALK No.l by L. Poynter
3 miles: 1hr 15min: Boots in wet conditions, otherwise good shoes.
- From shops at Littlelands, turn left on Airedale Ave past Throstle Nest pub to Beckfield Rd.
- Left up Beckfield Rd, left on Woodside Ave, take farm track on right.
- Go through farmyard, take left-hand gate up farm track.
- At Lee Lane go left to signed path 20yards on right.
- Head for silo on horizon, keeping wall on left until it turns sharply left.
- Here go ahead, finding the best route you can to a footpath sign ahead.
- At the road go left 50 yds to signed path on right
- Follow track round to next stile.
- From here keep the wall on your right and at the second stile turn right on path between
walls, past school and on to Wilsden Main St.
- Go up the road 500 yds to turn left opposite chemist's shop.
- After 50 yds find path ahead between fence and wall.
- At the road cross and. go straight ahead with wall on right, ignoring track going off left.
- Ignore also the stile in the top right corner but bear left to the double stile, taking
the right-hand one and going immediately left.
- Keep the wall on your left for 150 yds, and find a stile on the left just before an open gateway
- Over the stile, go half right and head for the building which soon comes in sight.
- Pass between the buildings going left and right to find the track down to Lee Lane.
- Cross, go through the small gate and follow the clear track, bypassing
the farm building, to March Cote Lane.
- Go right, left and right again into Airedale Ave and follow this round to the shops